Friday, October 26, 2012

Reiew:Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl + NARS Blush in Orgasm

I have been wanting these two items for quite some time. I seriously have been developing quite a highlighter and blush collection lately. I really need to invest in some sort of storage system for my makeup. But thats a totally different blog post!Guys, please excuse the quality of these pics. Its been getting so dark so early lately and its hard to get a clear shot in my bathroom in the evening.
Physicians Formula Powder Palette Mineral Glow Pearls in Translucent Pearl:
What the product claims:
-Unique palette of multi-colored pearls blends together to create an instantly glowing complexion and a perfectly even skin tone.
-Real Mineral Pearl Extract delivers a luxurious skin-perfecting effect.
-Hypoallergenic. Fragrance Free. Paraben Free. Dermatologist Approved. Non-Comedogenic. 

Packaging:
I think the packaging is quite cute. The pearl on the front is a cute little touch and its nice that they included a brush. I think you could definitely use the brush to highlight so thats nice. I normally just use my fingers though.

Haha eww lookit my little arm hairs.Swatched.

I am going to be honest guys, this is one of my favorite favorite highlighters. I was hesitant to buy it because I saw a bad review for it but I am so glad that I did! I think this shows up so nicely on my complexion. It really does make you look glowy. There are silver sparkles in it which I sort of prefer on me as opposed to gold. I remember reading on the packaging that you can apply this all over your face but I don't think that would look too nice. The only possibly downside I can say about this highlighter is that it may seem a bit dramatic and unnatural. However, I am quite fine with that. I am seriously going to have this product forever because I apply it by swatching some with my fingers and then applying it to my cheeks. I am not sure how this would look on a darker complexion but I imagine it would look nice if its blended out a bit more. 
Ugh.I took this while getting ready for work so its about 6AM. 

I think this does most of what the product claims however I don't see how this would even out someone's skin tone? I don't really see that on me but I don't use this all over my face and I really wouldn't since it is quite obviously a highlighter although it doesn't come out and say that on the packaging.. 

 So BASICALLY: 

Pros:
-gives a really nice glowy sort of dramatic highlight.
-this is about 13$ in the US so I think thats pretty inexpensive compared to a more high end highlighter.
-one of my favorite highlighters

Cons:
-I don't think this would even out anyones skin tone as it claims.
-I don't really know how this would work out on a tanner skin tone.

Would I recommend this?Yes. Yes yes and if you're fair just friggin' get this if you want a more dramatic highlight.

NARS Blush in Orgasm:

What the product claims:
-NARS Blush offers a range of translucent, natural shades, each with a subtle pink for natural blush undertone, created to highlight the complexion.
-NARS Orgasm makes cheeks blush a perfect pinky-peach flush and subtly highlights with accents of golden shimmer. 

Packaging:
Very sleek and nice. It feels rubbery which feels nice to touch HOWEVER everything gets stuck to this. EVERYTHING. I've had this blush for two weeks and any sort of makeup residue in my makeup case is stuck to this blush. Its not so sleek and nice anymore.

Swatched.

So lets talk about why I chose to get the most popular blush uh...ever. This blush retails for around 30$ which is super duper expensive. I do not make a ton of money so this blush does make a dent in my pocket however I had graduation gift money SO I could afford this that week. I have never tried a NARS blush before so I wasn't sure which one to choose.I originally wanted to go with one of their blushes that wasn't so incredibly popular however I got a bit nervous that I wouldn't wear one of their more unique shades as often as I would wear a safer shade like Orgasm. 
And I kind of regret buying this color. Because while this is quite lovely I am not incredibly in love with this blush. I don't feel more attractive with this on over one of my drugstore blushes. This is just not a must have for me and I probably won't repurchase it.I sort of want to get New Order because that has silver shimmer it it and that sounds interesting to me plus the color is unlike any other that I own. I also want to get a Laura Geller baked blush because I swatched one in ULTA and it looks AMAZING.

The color of this blush is pretty. Its a goldish peachy pink color which really is lovely but sometimes I cannot decide whether I like or dislike the gold sheen it gives. The gold sheen is pretty and probably one of the more unique characteristics of this blush however I have oily skin so that sort of makes it look more oily as opposed to glowy.
I do like how kind of sheer this blush is. If you layer the product you can get a rather intense blush or you can wear it quite faintly and still look nice.

I think this product does indeed do what it claims I just don't think its a holy grail product for me which is what you want in a high end makeup.

SO BASIALLY:

Pros:
-pretty color
-gold sheen is fairly unique
-will most likely look nice on most skin tones.
-you can layer this to get a more intense look or wear it faintly.

Cons:
-I think this can make me look a bit more oily with the gold sheen.
-EXPENSIVE
-I don't think this is a must have for me.
-packaging gets dirty quickly.

How it looks on me(also wearing the Physicians Formula glow pearls):

Would I recommend this product?Ehheh. I mean, its a very universal blush so I guess but I am not personally in love with this. If you see a NARS blush that you believe would look better on your skin tone but you're curious about the hype over this one I would just get the one that looks better on your skin tone.

Oh!And I have heard a couple of people say that the blush in the e.l.f Studio Blush and Bronzing Kit in St. Lucia is a dupe for NARS Orgasm and I am going to have to say Naaaooooo. I only consider things a dupe if they are exactly the same and these are not.
The e.l.f is much more peachy and shimmery. The e.l.f also goes on immediately pigmented and you can do more layering with the NARS. The e.l.f is nice and so is the NARS but they are not dupes in my opinion.

Anyway!Theres my review!Hope you guys liked it. HAVE A GOOD DAY!:)


 


















1 comment:

  1. I don't like Orgasm either but it's because I prefer matte blushes and I find that I never reach for my shimmery blushes so I've stopped buying them.

    I haven't tried the PF highlighter but it looks gorgeous!!! I actually use their Happy Booster blush in Natural as a highlighter because it's too light to be a blush on my medium skintone.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer