Saturday, July 21, 2012

Its my birthday todayyyyay!Review:Revlon Super Lustrous Kiss Me Coral Lipstick+Freshlook Sterling Grey Contacts + Gold Collar Necklace!

I've been wanting to try out an orangeish colored lipstick for quite a bit now. I saw another blogger do a review on a super pretty Revlon lipstick in some sort of orange shade and I thought it was so pretty so I originally went to the store to pick up that exact lipstick. I  couldn't find it among all the many orange tinted Revlon lipsticks and after some close comparisons I decided upon this lipstick!

The lipstick is called "Kiss Me Coral" The store had some straight up orange labeled lipsticks but since I normally only wear red I didn't really know what color to go with so I think I picked out this pinkish sort of bright reddish but orange because it feels familiar to me.
The lipstick feels very nice on my lips. Its not so matte that I can't spread it and its not soo shiny that its sticky. Its a nice feeling lipstick.
The lipstick is quite pigmented.Against my pale skin I think the color really pops. However, after trying this color out, I really do prefer the way red looks on my lips.This lipstick doesn't really feel extremely orange to me. I think there are some pinkish colors in it. While it is a pretty color, I feel like I wish it were more ultra orange. I was too scared to get the lipstick that was just straight up labeled orange but I think if I end up buying another shade it'll probably be that one!

Overall:

Pros:
 -nice color to it
-fairly pigmented
-feels nice on lips
quite inexpensive

Cons:
-wish it were a bit more orange

If you're looking for a pinkish orangeish lipstick that will really pop and feels pretty nice I'd recommend this lipstick!

Gold collar:


So as a birthday gift my friend bought me this gold collar necklace from Charlotte Russe.The design is intricate and the necklace doesn't really seem like it is going to break anytime soon.This necklace was only 9.00$ so it was super inexpensive.

Wooooooo I am getting tired!
The necklace seems to be made in a couple of different sort of bendable sections so it can bend at certain angles and feel more comfortable.

Anyway, I just figured i'd share it with you guys since I really do like it!


Freshlook Sterling Grey

This isn't really going to be a review for these contacts. Merely me sharing them really. So, since I can't really see much at all without glasses I have to wear eyewear of some sort. I used to wear glasses but I would lose them constantly and during highschool I got really interested in getting colored lenses so I started buying them from my local eye doctor.
The lenses are a greyish blueish. I actually do sort of really like the color. The middle part of the contact has a burst of light blue. 
The only problem I have with Freshlook contacts is that they are not really as comfortable as my Acuvues.They are comfy, just not as long lasting throughout the day as my Acuvues.  This is probably just my eyes. I've heard of a couple of people who really do like Freshlook contacts. With Freshlook I have to put in eyedrops in every couple hours. I didn't have to do that with my Acvues. Another thing that probably adds to the annoyance of the comfort for these contacts is because my eye doctor ordered me some seriously big contacts. My iris is 14mm and the eye doctor ordered me lenses that were 14.5. I feel like because the lenses are so big it sort of adds to them getting dry faster.
This color is new for me and I'm not sure if I like it better than the color of my Acuvues.
These are the contacts i've been wearing pretty much daily for the past 4 years.

Which do you prefer?

By the way, if anything I typed in this post is a bit of rambling, i'm super tired and I tend to do that when i'm sleepy. So sorry about that! :)

Stay l o v e l y !









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer