Thursday, August 2, 2012

Review: e.l.f Studio Powder Brush, Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Copper, and Studio Blush in Candid Coral

I have spent the past week or so looking at makeup tutorials, reviews, "products I regret buying", and "products I love" Youtube videos when I'm bored. I came to notice that throughout the products I love videos and products I regret buying videos there were a number of e.l.f products scattered throughout them.  I decided to wander over to my local Target and pick up a couple of the really super loved products.I've never bought any e.l.f products before because im a ninkumpoop(no idea how to spell that and i'm not Googling it) The reason why i've never bought any e.l.f products is because they are incredibly inexpensive. Now some of you guys are probably like"wha?" but I sort of associated the e.l.f brand with the Wet n' Wild brand which I've only had one terrible experience with. I bought Wet n' Wild lipstick in middle school and the color literally wouldn't even move when I tried to put it on. Sooo, little middle school me decided to pop it in the microwave and it melted and got everywhere.
My total purchase came to 7$ which is really really awesome.

Studio Blush in Candid Coral


What the site says:"The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!"

In a Youtube video a girl was raving about this blush and I believe the..tickled pink shade? Anyway, she was pale, I am pale, so I decided to give it a goooooo.
I think this blush looks really natural on my skin. Its very peachy and way more natural than the blush I was using prior to this.(it was also way more inexpensive than the blush I was using prior to this)
The only thing I don't like about this blush is the gold sort of sheen it has. The more I layer it the more gold and shiny my cheeks look. I do not really like that. It looks nice on the cheek bone but I like to put blush on my cheeks as well and I do not like how that turns out.
How it looks with all my makeup.
How it looks on my cheek bones.

So basically:

Pros:
-inexpensive
-pretty natural color

Cons:
-do not like the gold sheen on cheeks. 

Worth it? Yes!it was 3$! Yes yes a million times yes!

ALSO- Since this product is so inexpensive I was a little paranoid it would cause me to break out. However, I found this site called http://www.cosdna.com/ and you can put in the ingredients of products and they will rate them from a 1-5(I think its a 1-5) on whether it will irritate your skin or cause you to breakout. Upon looking up these ingredients the site determined that it would not irritate or cause my skin to break out. Annnnddd it hasn't. So thats great!

 Studio Powder Brush


What the site says:"This new anti bacterial, synthetic haired Taklon brush is softer and more absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create a flawless look with this e.l.f. studio brush!
-Creates a professional sculpted look
-Full coverage color
-Use for powder or blush for perfect contouring
*Vegan Friendly"

I've also seen many people rave about this brush. It seems super popular so I decided to pick it up. I don't have many brushes. I had that super expensive kabuki brush MakeupForever sells for their HD powder.I ended up just losing it. Anyway, this brush was only 3$ and its probably my favorite thing out of the 3 e.l.f products I bought. It is so so soft. I actually like how it smells which is sort of weird... It also doesn't shed which I heard some of the e.l.f brushes do.

I really do recommend this brush.Its really inexpensive and soft!

Essential Liquid Eyeliner in Copper:

What the site says:"No more tugging or pulling on your eyelids with this easy glide Liquid Eyeliner. The smudge-proof liner is rich in color, creating a long lasting defined look. The fine tip brush creates easy and precise definition for natural or dramatic eye effects."

I actually didn't see any reviews on this. I bought it on a whim when I was looking at the e.l.f. products in Target(it was only 1$). I've actually only heard sort of bad things about the e.l.f liquid liners. I think they have a pen style one that people seem to like but this dip version doesn't seem very liked.Now, I probably would never wear this on my upper lids. I just sort of wanted something sparkly to add a sort of pop somewhere. 
The reason why people don't seem to like e.l.f's liquid liner is because it is streaky. This sort sort of go on streaky but that doesn't bother me because I am not really using it to line my eyes. It also doesn't bother me because these are sparkles and not just a color. I could see how people would get annoyed by this product though it they expected it to go on thickly.
I did not really do much with this. i just added some barely noticeable sparkle to the beginning of my eye. I don't even know if you can see it here but it is pretty noticeable in person. I generally like the look it gives.

Basically:

Pros:
-inexpensive
-nice sparkly color
-adds a little bit of pop to a look

Cons:
-streaky
-does not go on too thick
-probably wouldn't use as a liner

 This is actually my least favorite product out of the three. I bought it on a whim because it was so cheap (1$) and its nice to wear on occasion but I'm not super into this. I'd try it out though if you just want to add some sparkles to your eyes.Its only a dollar so it wouldn't be too bad if you didn't like it.


Do you guys recommend any e.l.f products?














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pink Wing Pointer